With over 26 years of experience in the insolvency and commercial litigation sector, Damian has acted for all the various local and national insolvency firms, including Worrells, Ferrier Hodgson, BRI Ferrier, Heard Phillips Lieberenz and Duncan Powell in his capacity as a specialist in corporate and personal insolvency, restructuring and recovery work, teaming with administrators and liquidators in restructuring, investigation and recovery of assets and the public examinations of company officers.
He also represents those parties affected by insolvency, successfully acting for directors, creditors, guarantors and employees seeking to traverse the minefields which are the corporate insolvency and bankruptcy regimes including in relation to preferential payments.
Examples of cases that Damian has successfully represented include:
- Harris Scarfe, acting for a number of international companies, including Adidas and Puma defending multimillion-dollar claims brought by Liquidators
- Gerard Corporation defending extensive insolvent trading claims
- Leading radiology practice in litigation brought by the Liquidator of a defunct operation
- A Federal Senator and State Minister in defamation proceedings commenced against the then Opposition Leader (“the Dodgy Documents” Affair)
- Representing a leading Australian Food Manufacturer in the Employment Tribunal
- A leading South Australian Regional company defending a $5-10M claim in relation to the establishment of a complex manufacturing process
- Numerous prominent small business operators in South Australia against preferential payment claims brought by liquidators